Non-verifiable CPD, Questions answered

13 years 10 months ago #497 by Vms118
Also was meaning to ask - Do you think that they would be happy with me using the following web page -

www.gdc-uk.org/News+publications+and+eve...+the+GDC/Gazette.htm

Downloading the PDF versions of previous Gazettes, reading them and then logging them as NonVeri-CPD? or at the least using the ones that were published in my current cycle? It would be good if I could use them all, would be an easy NVCPD resource.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #496 by Vms118
That is great thanks. Although on reflection, it may be simpler just to enter 1 entry and take your number at the end of the year. (the way you suggested)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #477 by DentalNurseNetwork
Hi VMS118,

Yes you can do that if you prefer. The GDC says an individual can either record the amount of time it takes or ask the provider what they estimate.
Hope that makes sense :)

13 years 10 months ago #476 by Vms118
Rather than taking a section, say the forum and using as a set amount of time/points throughout the year, do you feel it would be ok to just log each visit with time etc on my records? As I prefer to log each session I do rather than 1 item that "grows" in value - if that makes any sense at all... :ohmy:

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #475 by DentalNurseNetwork
Non- verifiable Cpd
Non-verifiable CPD (general CPD) encompasses all self-directed activities that will benefit your lifelong learning, such as (but not limited to):

Reading books
Reading journals
Reading information online

Dental Nurse Network Website
1 Non verifiable CPD = 1 hour study.

We have estimated the amount of time it would take you to read certain sections of the website.
Everyone reads at a different speed so alternatively you could time yourself and if a section takes 2 hours mark it as 2 non-verifiable CPD

Career Development – 1 non-verifiable CPD

Dental Nurse News – 3 non-verifiable CPD, this will increase throughout the year.

Tax back- 1 non- verifiable CPD

Forum –2 non- verifiable CPD, this will increase throughout the year

(If you were to read every message on the forum and it took you 3 hours to read them all and reply, that would count as 3 non-verifiable CPD)

How do I record non- verifiable CPD`s?

(The Dental Nurse Network is always improving our service to Dental Nurses and we are developing a program on the site for you to record all your CPD)

Open an excel spread sheet and note the following:
· The Date that you were reading the material
· Title or Event
· Venue
· Note the Hours
· Reflection- Did it improve your knowledge?
· Print a copy of the reading material and if it is in a journal or book keep it for your records. You can also scan your reading material and save it in a folder.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New