100% of our students passed the March 2021 and September 2021 NEBDN OHE exam.
The distance learning NEBDN accredited Oral Health Education course is suited to registered dental nurses who desire to become qualified oral health educators. The course is an excellent stepping stone towards retraining to become a hygienist. The course is comprised of online learning modules, a record of competence (which must be completed in clinic under supervision), and an online exam held in March and September of each year.
Who Should Apply?
You should only apply for this course if you are employed, qualified, registered, indemnified and:
- Have access to five of the seven specified patient groups (see groups below);
- Are able to meet the NEBDN record of competence requirements - View here;
- Have access to one or more committed mentors/supervisors;
- Have the self-discipline required to complete the course;
- Have access to a computer and the internet;
- Feel you are motivated enough to complete the course;
- Pregnant/nursing mothers
- Parents of preschool children (4 and under)
- Parents of primary school children (5 – 11)
- Adolescent (12 – 15)
- Adult (16 – 64)
- Seniors (65 and older)
- Special Needs / Medically compromised
We require enrolment documents before you can enrol onto this course.
- Your GDC Registration;
- Application - click here
- NEBDN Service Level Agreement - click here
- NEBDN Training Monitoring Form - click here
- DNN Terms and Conditions - click here
- DNN Service Level Agreement - click here
Exam Centres: Final exams are online.
Next exam date:
Friday 9 September 2022
Exams are held in March and September of each year.