100% of our students passed the March 2020 exam.
The distance learning NEBDN accredited Oral Health Education course is suited to registered dental nurses who desire to become qualified oral health educators. The course is an excellent stepping stone towards retraining to become a hygienist. The course takes an average of 9 months to complete and is comprised of online learning modules, a record of competence (which must be completed in clinic under supervision), and an online exam (held in September 2021).
Who Should Apply?
You should only apply for this course if you are employed, qualified, registered, indemnified and:
- Have access to five of the seven specified patient groups (see groups below);
- Are able to meet the NEBDN record of competence requirements - View here;
- Have access to one or more committed mentors/supervisors;
- Have the self-discipline required to complete the course;
- Have access to a computer and the internet;
- Feel you are motivated enough to complete the course;
- Pregnant/nursing mothers
- Parents of preschool children (4 and under)
- Parents of primary school children (5 – 11)
- Adolescent (12 – 15)
- Adult (16 – 64)
- Seniors (65 and older)
- Special Needs / Medically compromised
- Your GDC Registration;
- Your main supervisor’s GDC Registration;
- Signed NEBDN Documents.
Next available exam date: September 2021 (Held on a Friday, date to be confirmed by NEBDN)
Exams are held in March and September of each year.
NEBDN changed from written to online exams due to the current pandemic and they have confirmed the final exam will be online for the foreseeable future.