This course includes the NEBDN accredited Oral Health Education course, the DNN Plaque Indices Course and the DNN Fluoride Varnish Application Course. This course is suited to registered dental nurses who desire to become qualified oral health educators. The course is an excellent stepping stone towards retraining to become a hygienist. The course takes approximately 9 months to complete and is comprised of online learning modules, a record of competence (which must be completed in clinic under supervision), and a written exam (held on Friday 13 March 2020) – see the list of exam locations below.
Who Should Apply?
You should only apply for this course if you are employed, qualified, registered, indemnified and:
- Have access to five of the seven specified patient groups (see groups below);
- Are able to meet the NEBDN record of competence requirements - View here;
- Have access to one or more committed mentors/supervisors;
- Have the self-discipline required to complete the course;
- Have access to a computer and the internet;
- Feel you are motivated enough to complete the course;
- Are able to attend one of the listed exam locations below.
- Pregnant/nursing mothers
- Parents of preschool children (4 and under)
- Parents of primary school children (5 – 11)
- Adolescent (12 – 15)
- Adult (16 – 64)
- Seniors (65 and older)
- Special Needs / Medically compromised
DNN upholds a strict application process to ensure candidates are suitable for the course. You may be required to undertake a telephone interview.
- Your GDC Registration;
- Your main supervisor’s GDC Registration;
- Signed NEBDN Contract: Download Contract Here
You must attend an exam at one of the listed exam locations.
Exam date: Friday 13 March 2020
- Brighton - Available
- Manchester - Available