Now every nurse can be competent!
The aim of this course is to provide level 2 training for nurses to become competent and confident in applying fluoride varnish under the prescription of a dentist or as part of a structured oral health programme. We also deliver the NEBDN Level 4 Fluoride Varnish Application.
What the course will cover:
- Clinical patient management, patient care, standards, communication.
- Scope of practice, consent.
- Delivery of the correct knowledge, content and application of Delivering Better Oral Health, together with an explanation of the use of evidence-based statements.
- Principles of oral health education and promotion.
- History, use and benefits of fluoride.
- Clinical evidence in support of the use of fluoride varnish, particularly DoH.
- Carious process and fluoride’s role in preventing occurrence/recurrence.
- Dental anatomy in health and disease.
- Contraindications for the use of fluoride varnish and fluoride toxicity.
- Application of fluoride varnish.