Retention fee..

13 years 10 months ago #436 by Rebecca
I know an RGN whos retention fee os a lot less than ours which doesnt make any sense... This is my first year paying, posted it yesterday so i get to pay the full amount plus the rest of this year! Do we get anything for it? Cos i really dont know! The BADN give you insurance if you join them, anyone a member and if so is it worth while? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #416 by Vms118
Your perfectly right Clare. sadly this will likely only be changed/realised once there is a major national shortage in qualified RDN's and the GDC realise "Oh Woops, what have we done..."

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 10 months ago #408 by clare
i really don't see why we have to pay this every year. what is it for - exactly?
oh yeh, to allow me to continue doing a job i've been doing for 30 years, but now have to pay to do so.
my boss pays half of it. well, she did. i'm not so sure for this year cos of the way things are going...
and now i hear we have to have insurance as well. why? i've never had an accident or incident in all my working life. i don't do anything 'clinical'.
but i know what the answer to that one is!!!

i earn approx £500 a month, part time. so, with this and the cpd's, i feel i'm being priced out of my job.
i don't think this is fair at all

:angry:

clare.

13 years 10 months ago #402 by shazza
Agree with Charlie. We shouldn't have to pay as much as hygienists and therapists. The 96 pounds fee may cover you for a year but it's a lot to come out of a months pay. They could make it easier and let us pay monthly. That would also be fairer if nurses were going off for maternity leave who end up paying for a whole year and leave part way through that year.

13 years 10 months ago #399 by Charlie
Our retention fee should be less than the fees for a hygienist or therapist who can earn significantly more than us.

We are lucky here our retention fees are paid for by the practice.

I signed a petition to have our retention fees looked at and hopefully reduced but it got no where.

13 years 10 months ago #397 by DentalNurseNetwork
Retention fee.. what do we all think?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New