Returning to dental nursing after very long break

1 year 8 months ago #9392 by jassi79
Thank you so much for your kind explaination

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #9381 by Walshy25
Last year I returned to dental nursing after a 10 year break. I contacted the GDC who helped me clarify that I needed to complete my 5 years worth of CPD to be re-registered and there was a fee to pay to (this is done pro-rata if you are part way through the year already). I then re-joined the BADN and managed to find enough CPD to do my 50 hours in 3 months (hard work, but it can be done). Don't be put off by anyone saying that it's almost impossible to get back onto the register, I did it and I have since gained my sedation qualification and have been with the same practice since March last year.
Best of luck!

1 year 10 months ago #9380 by sacarter99
Hi sorry this is a very late reply so you may already have sorted out your questions. I would suggest firstly contact the GDC as if you have the qualification from NEBDN you may be able to register but you may have to complete a set amount of CPD first; the GDC will give you guidance on the correct number of hours you would need to do. I would then look to maybe see if you can do some work experience in a practice whilst you look for a job; applying for a trainee post would be good as the practice you apply to will be likely expecting to provide additional supervision as support as you start to find you feet in the industry again.
There have been so many changes since your initial qualification but there is no reason you cannot go back!!!! Enjoy it and do please let me know how you get on!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New