how are your teeth?

3 years 1 month ago #9293 by JL2009
Hi kaakaa1988.
I've been a Dental Nurse since 2006. I have a few fillings too and a RCT in a lower premolar. I had these done through my teenage years and now spend a lot more time looking after my teeth. I feel because you have had some treatment done in the past it will give you a greater understanding of what patients are going through and help you give them reassurance. This will also help you to inform patients about how important it is to look after their own teeth and the best way to do this. Don't let not having perfect teeth drive you away. If you love your job put it to your advantage and keep helping your patients as you do. You will find they appreciate your past experiences, honesty and much more your understanding.
Hope this helps you feel better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #9287 by kaakaa1988
Hi everyone. I'm loving working as a dental nurse but I'm ashamed. My teeth aren't perfect. I have fillings, 2 crowns and had rct. I feel like I'm not a good role model - but I can relate to the patients by having some work done. In a way, I feel like I should give up this career but then I think about the hard work I have put in and should keep at it. Do all of you fellow nurses have perfect teeth? Do you think I should quit as I'm not a role model? It's like being a hairdresser and your hair is a mess. Just looking for everyone's thoughts really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New