Routes to become a dental Nurse

4 years 2 months ago #9085 by amy_jane
Hi

Most nurses that I know did there qualification through an apprenticeship. The best way to go about getting an apprenticeship is either to apply to practices to see if they would be able to take you on and help you train or go directly to your nearest college that do a dental nursing course and see what they can do to help. Unfortunately I don't think they do a course where you can learn alongside your other job you will need to be working in a dental practice to complete the course. They do however have courses that are online so this means you do not have to have a day away from the dental practice to go to college but you will be sent work to complete at home and may have only a few visits to college.

I hope this helps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #9079 by h.t3112
Hi

I'm not sure if you can do a course where you can train on the side of your current job. Most people will get a job as a trainee dental nurse (this is a paid job, but can have a low starting wage). You would then train on the side, either with an online course or at a local college.

4 years 3 months ago #9072 by Samc5
Hi All

I thinking of becoming a Dental Nurse but don't know where to start. I currently work full-time so I,m looking to do a train while you earn course. Please can I have some advice on what the best options are.
Thanks
Sam

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New