Trainee Dental Nurse asking advice

5 years 5 months ago #8844 by unflappable
Don't sign off anything which is not true. If you are dishonest you will become anxious in your job. Also your manager may begin to ask you to sign off other things which are not accurate if he/she sees you are willing to compromise your integrity.
Dentists usually find the details of infection control very boring - it is not compulsory to use an ultrasonic bath (just hand scrubbing is acceptable) he/she probably thinks this is not a big deal.
Leave the signing box blank or if your manager is insistent tell him/her to sign it themselves.
If you think the ultrasonic bath is not helping with cleaning compared with just handscrubbing then put it away in a cupboard (or ask permission to throw it away).
They are not hugely expensive, it is cheaper to buy a new one than try to get it repaired.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #8841 by tdn2683004
No, he knows that the ultrasonic bath fails the soil test and I’ve asked him what we should do about it like really we shouldn’t be using it but he doesn’t really seem interested and nothing has changed.
Thanks for your help

5 years 6 months ago #8838 by registeredDCPnow
Hi

Do NOT do what your manager says. This is wrong and your manager should not be asking you to do such things! Is the principal dentist aware of this?

5 years 6 months ago #8834 by tdn2683004
Hi,
I’ve been at my practice for a year now and we Are due a CQC inspection. As part of the decontamination process we use an ultrasonic bath, it has consistently failed the soil test and now my manager has asked me to doctor the results to make it seem as though it has passed, What do I do?
Thanks☺️

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New