Trainee Dental Nurse. Just after some opinions/advice

5 years 10 months ago #8714 by Loulee
No I think you are completely justified in asking to be in with the dentist as you have your observations coming up and they will need to see you in with a dentist! Makes me angry hearing this, your doing right standing your ground! Ask the dentist yourself or ask your college tutor. Best of luck , I have one more observation to go and mine are all done , good luck xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #8702 by ToothLady_97
Hi there! Aw this sounds very unfair for you! I know it’s scary, but ask for a meeting with your boss or manager. Just say; in order to progress with your course, you’ve got to be in surgery with a dentist to learn all procedures and for your chair side observations. If they will not answer you or accept this, write them a letter saying you have got to be in surgery and they should reply to you in writing. If not, contact your course providers and tell them the situation - they can either speak to your bosses or they can help you to be relocated? Regardless of whether you’ve had a baby or not, you are enrolled on the course and expect to be treated fairly. Congratulations on your baby!! X I hope this gets sorted for you :)

5 years 11 months ago #8687 by Anonglak09
I am new to this forum so hello!

I was just after some advice/your opinions on my situation with work. I have been a Trainee Dental nurse since 2015, joined the practice I’m currently at now in 2016 then fell pregnant. I came back off maternity leave November 2017.

Ever since I have returned to work (only for 2 days a week) I have been put in with the hygienist. I have tried explaining to my manager/owner that I really need to be in with a dentist as will be having observations on my course (which I sorted out and arranged myself with no support)

I have gotten to the point where I have had to get stroppy about it as I have literally been asking for the last 6 months, I will be intrigued to see if anything has changed in work this week! One of the girls is leaving so there would be an opening but it seems they are going to take on someone qualified to fill that cos.

So, what do you think? Am I in the wrong for wanting to go in surgery with a dentist? Can I complete my course just working with a hygienist for the duration of it? I have also offered to work an extra day in hopes of being put with a dentist but I get disregarded or ignored.

Many Thanks :)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New