Qualified Dental Nurse returning after 9 years.

5 years 11 months ago #8664 by Zoe22
Hiya Everyone

I am new here and would love to say hi and any support and information would be appreciated. I am a qualified dental nurse who qualified in 2009 and left in 2009. Having spent some time in other careers such a youth work. I am now determined to become a Dental Therapist /Hygienist. Also spent the past 19 months bring a stay at home mummy to a beautiful little boy. I am now thinking about my career and would absolutely love to return to the Dental Industry part time as that would suit at the moment. The Bsc in Oral Health Care Science is the only route I can find. I do not have a Higher in a science subject but I have applied to a local college to hopefully study it in September part time. I would then have my NVQ level 3 Dental Nursing and Higher Human Biology.

Is there any Dental Nurses out there who have trained to become a Dental Therapist /Hygienist?

I am in the process of sending my CV and a cover letter to local dental practices and health centres. With a hope of a part time post even a half day or one day a week just so I can get some experience in the surgery again.

Also got myself on the register and have purchased the 50 hours Emergency CPD that I am going to work my way through soon as possible.

1.) Would love to know what you girls think? Am I being over ambitious?

Thanks In Advance ('',)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New