TST Strips

6 years 1 week ago #8661 by kyla.gordon
Our autoclave testing goes as follows:
1st cycle of each week is run as a vacuum test - signed by DN as a pass/fail
Followed by a helix test (another kind of steam penetration test) again signed as a pass/fail by DN
Then at the beginning of each working day the 1st cycle is run as a helix test (or TST in your case)
Each cycle number is recorded on a sheet of paper and signed as a pass/fail by the DN who processes that cycle
Every instrument is pouched, the pouch is stamped with expiry date and cycle number.
At the end of each working day, the autoclave cycles are downloaded onto a usb and transferred onto it's own file on the computer, then each cycle is checked again against the sheet of paper that has been signed throughout the day in insure all cycles have passed.
We previously had printouts that where signed after each cycle - this way you don't need to download or countersign to say it has passed, you just sign the printout and keep it.
(we also go as far to record every cycle number used on every patient on a separate sheet)

I hope that makes sense?

I guess if you don't have the option to download the cycle numbers or have a print out to prove you cycle has passed a TST strip will have to go through each cycle and be kept with a signature and cycle number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #8613 by KSJackson0612
Hi, I was wondering if you nurse sign/date and add the time of the cycle to your TST strips OR record on a sheet of paper ?? We currently place a TST strip through each cycle, as proof the temperature has been achieved.
Any Advice would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New