can DN become hugienists?

6 years 2 months ago #8588 by h.t3112
I could be wrong here - but I think to study in hygiene you need to specifically have an A-level in Biology. The others might count towards the rest, I don't know. If you go onto the university website, it might give you more info there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #8586 by Rebecca0987
Have a look at your local university requirements for dental hygiene and therpy. There are multiple pathways onto the course. With your level 3 qualification i think university require x2 post qualifications in dental nursing so these can be radiography, Oh etc.

I wanted to go down a different career path way into adult nursing. I felt for me and my age career oppurtunities would be better, and i had an interest in nursing in an acute hospital. I completed the access course and went to university which is also local to me. The access course is free for under 24s and for over i think it is a £3000 loan which gets wiped off after 40% of the uni course is completed.

As a homeowner the nearest dental hospital was too far for me to communte on the bursary the nhs provide.

Best advice is see how the course goes and complete it. See what career development oppurtunities your company provides. I looked at doing sedation, my company would have paid for the course in exchange for me to work within the company for a yr or 2. My employer would offer additional pay for anyone who would complete a post qualification course if they could use it within the practice. If i did choose to complete the sedation course i would not of been paid any additional pay as there was no dentist qualified in the administration of sedation.

The cost of the course is £1000+ and as i said you would have to complete x2 of these courses.

6 years 2 months ago #8584 by SLF040817
i have recently started my course to become a qualified dental nurse, my assessor told me my level 3 course is the equivalent to 2 a-levels. does this mean i could apply for a a hygienists course once iv qualified? can anyone shed some light on this please. i know its early days but im just thinking about how i can progress.... thanks in advance.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New