CPD! help!

5 years 11 months ago #8650 by kyla.gordon
www.isopharm.co.uk/dental

They have some free CPD and CPD you can pay for (not very expensive)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #8644 by millstone
stephenhancocks.com
dentisan
cleancert
isopharm
cts-dental

6 years 1 month ago #8609 by unflappable
Mum and Baby Academy has a few useful CPDs (free)

Enjoy.

6 years 2 months ago #8567 by unflappable
Maximise enjoyment and usefulness to your next employer rather than just jumping thought the GDC's hoops.
I found clinical photography and impression taking useful for ortho.

Free verifiable - BJD team is good
cpd.bda.org/totara/dashboard/index.php

Sometimes ewisdom run free courses for DCPs and I always found their courses good.

Reading for non-verifiable CPD ..... getting your head around all the legislation may take 60 hours! I am confident to be IC Lead, Health & Safety Officer and in charge of compliance as whenever I am unsure I just google the relevant law. When I ask my dentists they all give me different answers!

HASAW 1974
COSHH 2002
Medical Devices Regs 2002
Safer sharps 2013
RIDDOR 2013
HTM 01-05
Mental capacity act 2005
Health & Social Care Act 2008 (This leads to complying with CQC)
Code of Practice on the Prevention & Control of Infection (but complying with this code is not a legal requirement)

if interested in radiography IRR2017 and IR(ME)R2018 have superseded all previous legislation.

6 years 2 months ago #8553 by bub813
Hi Steph,

I am actually in the process of doing the same. Isopharm training have a few. I have struggled to find a lot of free, so I gave in and actually paid the £36 for the annual Isopharm courses, but I have managed all but an hour on Medical Emergencies, so really worth it.
Cavity do 1 hour of verifiable, mydentalcpd.co.uk will give you 12 months free, which I think gives you 10 verifiable. Other than that, you generally have to pay.

In regards to the non-that has been the hardest! I have managed 50 out of the 100 in 2 days. I have just googled dental magazines, and read articles, and legislation.

I hope that helps, good luck!

Bub

6 years 2 months ago #8552 by stephG090
im trying to get myself back on the GDC register after working in Australia for a year - what an absolute nightmare that actually is.
i need to produce 90 hours of CPD. 60 - non verifiable and 30 verifiable.
i haven't been nursing for a good two years now so could any one point me in the direction of some free CPD? does this site only have an hour?

also for the non verifiable, can any one suggest what and where i can get reading?

thanks in advance guys any help would be much appreciated!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New