Dentist's who bully

6 years 3 months ago #8522 by unflappable
Dental nurses need to have a thick skin - dentists are often take out their stress on us just because we are there! They are often unaware they are speaking down to us. If I come across one who tries to make me look stupid I remind them that people who like to care for others often become dentists or doctors if they are extremely bright and nurses if they are averagely bright like me. (I am willing to say this in front of patients who always agree with me). I remind them they are lucky to have a great nurse like me. We are pilot and co-pilot providing a five star service to every patient. If they are sarcastic I keep quiet until the patient has gone then ask them 'please be nice to me I am trying my best to help you.' I stay alert - they make a mistake I tell them by writing a note behind the patients back. I suggest you try for one week to be as helpful as humanly possible, if the dentist is truly impossible to please just leave. (Nothing wrong with working agency). If you decide the job is worth keeping ask for a pay rise (remember - no-one else will for this dentist which makes you the most valuable nurse in the practice if you decide you are willing to do so).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #8491 by DentalNurseL
I know how you feel. I’ve just handed in my notice, so far I have worked a week of my moths notice and it’s been awful and awkward!

6 years 4 months ago #8485 by Hilltop
Hi,
I have been working with a denist for the past year who somehow makes me feel really undedermined.
If he drops items, including instruments on the floor he will move his stool far away and just sit there watching me waiting for me to pick them off the floor, after say, "can you help us please?"
He will also look for faults in equipment or me even if it is the tiniest thing.
He calls the lignospan a blue cartridge and the scandonest green cartridges as if I don't know what they are.
Even when or after I have done something to get ahead he will still tell me to do it like, could you set us up for the next patient, or could you set us up for crown prep.
This week I have been accused of not changing the patient mouth wash after the previous pt. no other dentist has ever done this to me.
I think he sees himself as a really superior being who just likes to be incontrol.

6 years 5 months ago #8450 by Nurseydental
Anybody else feel miserable after work because there dentist is so rude and impatient. Ive only been doing it for 2 months and get huffs and rude remarks for anything I do wrong.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New