Did my dentist do unnecessary work?

6 years 8 months ago #8369 by sacarter99
just a quick point....caries / decay will lead to cavities....! Again, without being there cannot say for certain but all sounds quite normal as previous comments state.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #8360 by h.t3112
I think it sounds pretty normal, although without being there its hard to say. you wouldn't leave a tooth with decay until it started to hurt, as by that stage they often need root canal treatment or bigger fillings with linings etc. its always better to catch things early although yes, if its still within enamel it can often be reversible with the use of fluoride and thorough cleaning.

6 years 9 months ago #8359 by Gorda
Hi,
its hard to comment without actually having been there or seen the situation or xrays, but it all sound really normal to me. That is the whole reason why people regularly go to have check ups, surely you want to have things spotted before they cause you pain. Decay needs to be cleaned and filled, unless it is only a start in the enamel and can be reversed. Putting the temporary filling to see how the nerve behaves is a normal practice too. However if you feel uncomfortable I suggest you seek a second opinion.

6 years 9 months ago #8358 by jesuslewis
Hi, I'm new to the forum - apologies for the length.

I have just started seeing a new dentist due to a move. He did x-rays and told me that I needed to re-do one of my fillings (I felt no pain), have a new filling, replace a filling that came out (I agree) and have another filling in a spot where the filling kept coming out (my old dentist told me to leave it and keep it clean). I was not feeling any pain in any of the teeth and felt sick that I needed so much work. I now find it odd that there were no actual cavities, just decay thathas prompted the work. Also odd was his rush to do everything.

Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
www.dentistry-forums.com/threads/did-my-...ecessary-work.22965/

Creative Product Video Examples

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New