Botox/filler

5 years 10 months ago #8739 by Cotton
Hi, unfortunately most dentists do think dental nurses are stupid. To be honest, if we were that smart we wouldn’t be doing it as the pay is crap. We’re just cleaners really and often paid a lot less. You can do the Botox course but you’d only be allowed to do it with a prescriber, the dentist would have to do a consultation and then he/ she may let you give the Botox. If you do it make sure the dentist pays you extra, I doubt it though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #8738 by Cotton
I’ve looked into this. Dental nurses can do the course and we can get insured but we’re only allowed to do it with a ‘ prescriber’ , ie. under the direction of a dentist/doctor or nurse. The dentist would have to do a consultation then he could let you do the Botox but it’s not something you’d be able to do by yourself. I can’t see why a dentist would let his / her nurse do Botox anyway, what’s in it for them? If they did I doubt you’d get paid for it and it would just be one of those extra skills like fluoride application or impression taking that doesn’t benefit you at all, makes you no extra money, just makes the dentist’s life a bit easier. Waste of time , effort and money if you ask me.

6 years 1 month ago #8634 by Sheridan77
Can not believe the conversation on the phone to a company regarding information on botox / fillers - Dental Nurses arnt in the criteria as our panel of dentists dont think they are educated to a high standard! Excuseeeee me! without us nurses Dentists wouldn't be able to work! yes we must be stupid to be put down like that ! pftttt...... How rude!

6 years 1 month ago #8633 by izzy_87
Hi, judt a quick question. Once you completed your courses will you be able to work in beauty salon and doing dermal fillers or just dental clinics?

6 years 1 month ago #8618 by fsaavedra
Hi louise

Where did you do the diploma in anatomy and physiology? And where did you find the course for fillers ? Im really interested thanks

6 years 2 months ago #8585 by robyns2
Hi there, I've been looking in to god quite a lot and I contacted the GDC and checked the website and we are allowed to practice dermal fillers as long as we are trained to do so and have he correct insurance. Dermal fillers is different to Botox, Botox is a prescription only medication which should be done by a dentist/dr/nurse. Fillers is classed a medical devices and don't need a prescription so we are able to do so.

6 years 4 months ago #8518 by rhianne
Hi i have been looking for a botox and filler course for dental nurses but no one offers a course for dental nurses, do you have the details for the course you found?

6 years 5 months ago #8477 by M87x
Dental Nurses cannot practice fillers/Botox.

The problem is, there are courses that let anyone join. For example beauty therapists as well who then use a prescriber to help them access POMs. You can do the course, but it’s not in the scope of practice of a dental nurse therefore

1) illegal
2) risk of GDC registration

I’ve contacted the GDC regarding this. Unfortunately people will be gullible enough to believe they can carry out these treatments.

Risky business if you ask me
The following user(s) said Thank You: SmilingDCP

6 years 6 months ago #8455 by Kaylakaay1
I didn't think as dental nurses we were allowed to carry on botox and fillers?? I thought it was just hygeiniests or therapists when the dentist has prescribed to them?? Can someone clear this up for me

6 years 6 months ago #8441 by Vikute
Hello, what is the name of the course? Would you be able administer Botox on your own, without dentist or doctor prescription?
Many thanks

6 years 8 months ago #8406 by Angela1234
Hi
I received my anatomy and physiology diploma in 2003 would that still be considered up to date to pursue a course in Botox?

6 years 8 months ago #8400 by Gaby
Can you please tell me which course is this ?
I really want to do the Botox training .
Thank you

6 years 9 months ago #8341 by Kelly_Wcampbell
Same I am looking for please share details.

6 years 10 months ago #8326 by Leesa
Hi how did you get on with this course? I would really like to do this, where did you train?

Thanks
Lisa

7 years 2 weeks ago #8233 by jmoss
What course are you doing? I would be interested to do this too!

7 years 1 month ago #8215 by louise-1
You have to have a Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology before you can complete a course :-)

7 years 1 month ago #8214 by claire7
Hi, what is the name of the course you're doing? And where is it?
I am interested in doing this myself

7 years 1 month ago #8213 by louise-1
Hello, i will be able to administer dermal filler - and also botox under the prescription of a Dentist/Doctor

7 years 1 month ago #8201 by walice004
Hi, what you will be able to do once you completed the course ?

7 years 1 month ago #8200 by louise-1
Hello I am a dental nurse, I am starting a Botox/filler course very soon & just wanted to know if any other dental nurses have ever done this?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New