dental nurse overtime pay

7 years 6 months ago #7927 by Teesey
Hi there

I must admit I have been in the dental industry on and off for 30 yrs and I have only at one surgery claimed overtime. my feelings are that it is swings and roundabouts some days you will get to go b4 your time as you are finished early and other days u may go over slightly it normally evens out, so I have never claimed myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #7921 by dentistdougbarker
Hi,

Sometimes it depends on nature of work. For example if you finish your work before the time you can go home or vice versa. It does not based upon time.

On other side some pay for your time, In that case you can ask them for extra pay in case of extra shift or over time.

We also follow this pattern in or clinic Newport Center Smile Design in Newport Beach, CA. :) :) :) :) :)

7 years 7 months ago #7911 by Jemmak
Hey

I do get paid overtime yes. although I start work by setting up the surgery from 8 i'm not paid until 8.15 to start at 8.30 if i work into our breaks or after working hours then I am paid for that as extra. I only have a time sheet to fill in which is given in at the end of the month.
Are you having a problem with logging your overtime ? If you're worried about not being paid for the extra time your doing it's worth talking to your practice manager about how the over time works because if your only being paid from 9 and starting earlier it might be worth discussing.

Hope this helps

jem x

7 years 7 months ago #7909 by karolinka29
hey ladies do you get pay overtime if you have to stay longer at all ?

my week is 37,5 hours but do you clean and prepare in this hours or that wen you meant to start and finish my day mean tot be 9-5.30pm

i have to start each day does it mean i have to log in at that time as well as we have finger print thing to count the hours?

sorry just all new to this as first day tomorrow

thank you kay

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New