worried about work load

7 years 7 months ago #7894 by karolinka29
Thank you so much for your reply ! My first day is Friday and I will start Nvq ASAP , I am scared how will o cope with all the doctors watching my hands and making sure I haven't forgotten what the instruments are Called
It seem all very scary to me the job looks like it's a good one to have but maybe as its all new I am worried

Also they would authorise my Christmas holiday they can be requested But not guaranteed ?!

What's the promotion time you have on the job my lovely ?

Karolina Xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #7893 by abigail94@live.co.uk
Hi Karolinka,

Hope you're well.

I started as a trainee about 3 months ago and agree it can be very daunting at first but stick with it! I was left alone in surgery after 3 weeks and honestly could have cried I was so nervous and felt so under prepared but now I'm glad I was thrown in at the deep end as I'm now confident in surgery and all those procedures that seemed so scary at first are second nature.

I recommend getting one of the Levisons dental nursing textbooks, they are around £30 but help me so much!

Don't be afraid to keep asking questions, practices makes perfect and if you're keen I'm sure you will make a great nurse!

I hope this is of some help, you're not alone!

Abi xx

7 years 7 months ago #7890 by karolinka29
hello , can anyone help out there

recently I have got a job in the dental practice as trainee dental nurse , but have seen so many bad comments about it...
how really hard id to do the nvq all the terminology seem very overwhelming

I am worried I wont cope with it all when I will be alone with the dentist :(

can anyone relate ?

thank you xxx

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New