Dental nursing Magazine query

8 years 3 months ago #7045 by whitelock
I have subscribed to it for the past 2 years. I also have the same package. All you have to do it note how long it took you to read the magazine and fill out your CPD form with the relevant details :)
If you don't have a form you can find an example here:

www.gdc-uk.org/Dentalprofessionals/CPD/D...log%202011_FINAL.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #6772 by Allison
Hi Teesey,
I subscribe to the dental nursing magazine and you can use the articles as none verifiable. You need to see how long it takes you to read the articles then make a note of the topic and what knowledge you think you have gained from reading it.

Eg May 2014 Volume 10 has an advertorial called Benefits of pre-orthodontic treatment in children. So half an hour to read = half hour non verifiable, and just make notes as to what you learnt from the article, like how some parents are pushy to get braces early some prefer natural growth to sort things out if possible, money versus free tort etc. What you think .You only need short notes not a novel.

If there are other nurses in your practice that can read it and then you discuss it together you can count that in, so if you discuss things in your lunch break like we do, you could gain another half hour there. Just log it down as what it is with little reminder notes for yourself.

Do don't have to remember it all chapter and verse, you just have to recollect what you have read. After all it goes in 5year cycles and I know I can't recount all my non-verifiable, but I have a record of what I have read and from where.

Hope this helps you a bit :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teesey

8 years 10 months ago #6739 by Teesey
Hi there Guys

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who subscribes to the monthly Dental Nursing magazine. I have after many years of being in nursing caved in and subscribed to the magazine and the online cpd so i can get all my cpd in one area and not be on lots of different sites where you tend to lose track.
My question is-: I know that I get 18 hrs of verifiable cpd online, but the non-verifiable? does the whole magazine count and if so how do you record this?.

I would be obliged if someone could answer this for me.

Thanks
Theresa

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New