Taking a break from nursing...

8 years 11 months ago #6704 by Bexchod
Hi.
I'm just returning to Dental Nursing after nearly 2 years away looking after my baby.
Im currently in the process of deregistering and would technically be in my second year of my next 5 year cycle, I need to provide evidence of cpds during these 2 years. So long as you're not in your 5 year cycle when you return I don't think there will be a problem. Xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #6682 by Yorkshirebabe
Hi Emma321

You should be fine to restore your registration after the 5 years but i think it takes time to do it. Maybe just phone them and make sure they give you the same information.

This is the link to re-registering.
www.gdc-uk.org/dentalprofessionals/apply...estoration-page.aspx

8 years 11 months ago #6681 by emma321
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help.
I'm just looking for a bit of advice about taking a break to bring up my child.
I am currently on maternity leave after having my baby boy in February. I have to go back to work for 4weeks in june to work my notice however after that I plan not to work until my boy (and any others that hopefully come along) start school, so looking at not working for at least 5 years. However I'm confused as to where that leaves me with my registration and CPD.
Does anyone know what would be my best option as I'm aware that if I stay registered I need to keep up with CPD but if I cancel my registration where does that leave me in the future when I want to go back into nursing? Will i have to go through training again?
Thanks in advanced,
Emma

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New