Anybody else feel they can't gt a break from work?

9 years 11 months ago #6158 by sylvia.rippl
hallo there, no one ever is allowed to text u on yr days off never it is yr time and no one is supposed to text u at all the more u give the more is gunna to be taken from u and u have to put the end to it I work in a big team and many times we are short of stuff however never ever no one asked me to come on my day off to cover you need to respect yr time off and other nurses need to respect u as well please dont allow it to happen again and I wish u a happy move to a new house

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago #6152 by dentalbee2
well the beauty of a text is that you can just ignore it !!!! Pretend you never got it and act all innocent lol :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KLKennedy

9 years 11 months ago #6150 by Ekw
Hi there

How awful! I feel for you, I'm a senior to 11 nurses and I wouldn't dream of asking a nurse to come in to work part time or not!
I was getting texts for a while from certain nurses asking for annual leave and time back! Out of work often for the following morning I got sick of this very quickly so I got them together and made it clear no texts were ever to be sent regarding time off I would ignore them any work items were to be handled during working hours. I think you should bring this up with whoever is in charge and make it clear if your off then your off, if someone is off sick then they will all have to muck in and get on with it that's what we do. We had 3 on holidays then 3 phoned in sick on the same days obviously we were short but we got on with it and helped each other I never considered for one minute of asking a nurse to come in, you need to nip that in the bud. Hope they listen!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KLKennedy

9 years 11 months ago #6148 by KLKennedy
I work part time, I try to help out the other girls wih cover when I can (depending on babysitter situation), but of the last 6 times I've been on annual leave, I've received text messages asking me to go in & work to cover for someone else, on 5 seperate occasions. It's so infuriating, especially since I have requested this doesn't happen, nobody else would like it, so why would I?! I'm so annoyed with it, I've barely slept for thinking about it. Does this happen to anybody else?
I have refused because I'm also using this week to pack up our belongings to kove to a new house, bt it's really really getting to me now. :( :dry:

Kirsty

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New