Tattoed Dentist's or Nurses

10 years 3 months ago #5939 by Alex.
Thank you all for answering to my topic. I'm asking cuz* i am a trainee Dental Nurse and i would love to make some mark's on my skin,In my opinion i dont see nothing unprofessional in what i want to do(angel wing on my forearm on the visible and "hairy"side, and some letters on the other side) its something personal and which in a way it's expressing my attitude and sensible,but in the same time I wanna go forward with my carrier and why not a hygenist or dentist. I am open that probably i will be refused to my future jobs.It's just something that i wanna know and prepare myself mental for this:).It's not a problem i was refused to job's cuz I'm not "english", so a tattoo will make me more happier and less wanted...It's a subject which soon will have a "end".Thank you all.

PS: It's there any magazines that you can subscribe to what's new in dental or even for patients ? free(more likely) or cheap?

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #5933 by whitelock
The policies at both practices I've work at are that they must be covered. It's a shame that in this day and age tattoo's and piercings are still seen as "Unprofessional" I have 9 tattoo's, a nose piercing, a septum piercing (which I flip up for work), red and black hair, part of it shaved and many different sized piercings in my ears.....I am also a very kind, punctual, hard working, polite etc etc person....People ought to be more open minded now days.... :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jude, Alex.

10 years 3 months ago #5932 by Jude
I'm a senior dental nurse and currently have 4 tattoo's they can all be hidden away as not everyone likes them

If I'm getting a new one I do plan it so it can be hidden by my tunic

Most practice policies ask for them to be covered up or inoffensive

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex.

10 years 3 months ago #5922 by janet123
Hi there,

I know a dentist who has a tribal sleeve down their arm. They are allowed to practice, theres nothing against people with visible tattoos practising, unless said tattoo is offensive in some way. It depends on each individual employer though. You could cover most of a tattoo on an arm with sleeves but you'll need to remain bare below your elbows for infection control purposes.

10 years 3 months ago #5920 by Alex.
Thank you for your time, I know it's not a subject very professional :whistle: but time is flying, people are changing and me personally i would like to see people's opinion's about this:) Thank you once again for sharing that with me:)

Alex

10 years 3 months ago #5918 by Ekw
Hi Alex,

In my work we have many dental nurses with tattoos including myself (a senior dental nurse) some have wrist tattoos I have 3 on the top half of my arms which can peek under my tunic sleeves sometimes but as a rule our policy states they don't allow sleeves or any tattoo that could be seen as offensive. I think checking with the boss or team lead before its done is appropriate. I wouldn't think anything overly big would be agreed to unless it could be covered.

10 years 3 months ago #5912 by emmasian86
In our practice we have a couple of discreet visable tattoo's. Such as small tattoo's on wrists and a small tattoo on the back of the neck.
Before a dental nurse/ dentist has a tattoo they ask if it would be allowed by the practice and we then make a decision on how big it is and how tasteful it is.

10 years 3 months ago #5911 by Alex.
Hi there I'm Alex I'm male Trainee Dental Nurse ;) :P I would like to know if there are any Dentists or Nurses with visible tattoo's :dry: ..
What's your opinion about this? What's your "duty" in your practice?Many Thanks.Alex
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ditzy_DentalNurse

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New