Can i use RDN after my name?

13 years 11 months ago #480 by sarah1988
i have never thought about using RDN after my name but i think its such a good idea and i am going to be doing it from now on i think!!!
Sarah RDN :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #474 by Vms118
As far as I'm concerned with this one - I am paying to be an RDN so if it is appropriate and not showing off or being arrogant about it - i'm bloody well using it ;)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 11 months ago #472 by Sarahcate
Yes I think you can as long as it is in a Professional Capacity for example signing off emails/letters with your name to other membersof the Dental Team

13 years 11 months ago #470 by calvin01
You absolutely can use RDN after your name. You've earned it so it would be rude not to use it!! lol

13 years 11 months ago #463 by shazza
Have just found on Irish Dental Council website persons registered can call themselves registered dental nurses and use the letters RDN. Still searching UK.
Keep you posted.

13 years 11 months ago #462 by Vms118
You surely must be able to, you have to be qualified and registered with a professional medical body to be a DN - what reasoning would you use to say the answer is no? :S

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 11 months ago #460 by vanda1926
I wouldnt have thought so - but imk NOT 100 % sure

13 years 11 months ago #400 by hodgesaarh
When I checked this some time ago with the GDC they said we could only use DN as the registered part was in conflict with Registered General Nurses. You may want to check with the gDc again to see if this has been updated.

13 years 11 months ago #392 by Vms118
If it is an "official" email, say to a patient or potential client I always use RDN DCP - if anything it helps them identify your role in the team. :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 11 months ago #388 by lady-laura
hiya,
yes, you definitely should- you are qualified and registered. if a registered general nurse does, or any other registered professional does, then so should we!! why wouldnt you? whenever necessary, i use RDN after my name as i believe thats allowed. if it wasnt, theyd tell you that. on the gdc registration cetificate it tells you your regsitered title which you are to use.

13 years 11 months ago #387 by amandagrose
I am a register dental nurse and have been for the last year. I wanted to know if i can use RDN after my name i had read some where about year ago that we where aloud. Can some where confirm this for me thank you.

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New