im fairly new to dental nursing, any advise?

11 years 10 months ago #2338 by kta1986
lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #2335 by Vms118
I'd advise finding a new career! haha :P

Victorus Aut Mortis.

11 years 11 months ago #2288 by dawn2410
Dear Lucy,

Glad to hear you are thinking of the future. As for career progression, some of the assessors on the network are probably best to advise you, but as for me I've been nursing in practice for 19 years, and so far, as well as my nursing qualification I've also done radiography and oral health education. My current practice doesn't do sedation, so the qualificaion isn't relevant at the moment. HOwever I would encourage any nurse to gain as much experience and extra qualifications as poss, you never know what the future holds. I was given practice management responsibility last summer but still nurse and hold OH sessions, so i'm quite busy. Check out your local colleges or postgraduate courses to see what courses or additional training eg impression taking, flouride appliction etc they offer, any good practice should support their nurses when it comes to additional qualifications.

Good Luck :)

11 years 11 months ago #2285 by podgorska
Hello,
Im a fairly new trainee dental nurse at a surgery in Oxford, is there any advise or anything that is highly important for me to know?
What paths are there to take after i have qualified?
Im interested in moving abroad after i have qualified but wondered if there is any other extra courses like a sedation nurse ect that is worth completing before i decide whether to up and leave or not.
Would like to get as far in this profession as i can as really enjoying it so far and its so rewarding.
Thanks for the help.
Lucy

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New