Teeth Bleaching

12 years 5 months ago #1890 by Assessor
Theres a company in Wigan offering training and qualification for lazer tooth whitening for only £1500 and they give you enough stuff to set youself up in business etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #1889 by Vms118
Maybe they get away with it because the GDC do nothing about it? I'm pretty sure the first and only case brought against a nonGDC member/GDP was about six months ago.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 5 months ago #1888 by ksist
As previous post says, report to GDC. There was a teeth whitening section set up in the Arndale in Manchester for some time. It wasn't a shop, just like a stall type thing. It was presumably run by dentists (as per advertisements on the section) but it wasn't. Isn't there anymore and I can't help but think this is way. They were offering laser whitening.

On a similar note, I've seen one or two advertisements for dental nurse jobs to carry out tooth whitening. Pro teeth or something I think one company was called. Don't really know how they are getting away employing dental nurses as whitening clinicians.

12 years 5 months ago #1885 by Assessor
I think the GDC check these things out let them know.
Theres a Tanning studio near where I live selling Whitening pens. My husband noticed it the other day. So Im going to mention it to the GDC .

12 years 5 months ago #1884 by lavalette
On my facebook page we have another page for selling and buying and borrowing stuff in emergencies. (Cots etc). Just within the local area and between the friends on that page.

Anyway three weeks ago I noticed that some on was selling tooth whitening kits. They were a Beauty Saloon. I fretted a bit about this and wondered what to do.

Eventually I told my boss and he was quite annoyed about the advert and
went to the website to read it and sent a note to the person. She was quoting legislation from 1999 and 2001 saying that it was legal for her her to do this. so she was in the wrong. My boss felt it correct to point this out to her. But I think he will check out the website in a couple of weeks to see. In the meantime the advert has been taking of fb.

My question is this. There are quite a lot of Saloons that do this treatment and advertise. What do you others do if you see this.

We have pointed it out to the Saloon first and will wait to see if they do anything and then if nothing is done we will have to think of what to do next although I think I know what my boss will do.

I did send a note to her just pointing out that she should check up on current legislation but she lives to far away to check. Who is supposed to check these things out anyway?

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New