Worried about CPD

10 years 7 months ago #5744 by michsmile9
I received a letter from the GDC council saying i need 31 verifiable hours and 100 hours of general CPD.i have completed your unlimited CPD's, would that be enough for the GDC council. can someone get back to me Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #5743 by Samina
i have not done CPD hours.
i got a letter from GDC requesting Hours thats when i realised i need to do CPD.
as i have been self employed as a dental nurse and was told i did not have to to CPD therefore i never did it.
I have have had a break from dentalnursing from 2008/2011 as i was doing a full time course.
i have got some dates and some hours of CPD not all its only a few hours.
i have kept myself registerd but not worked permanent at a practice its been locaming a few hours here and there.
what is it i can do. GDC Have requested evidence for verifiable CPD FROM 2008/2013

12 years 9 months ago #1530 by Vms118
This web site often has one hour V-CPD for free -

www.cpdfordcp.co.uk/

Enjoy.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 9 months ago #1516 by isabla
You get 1 hour free CPD of of the CTS flyer.You answer the 5 easy question and log on to their website.then you transmit the questions and you print out your certificate.Last month there was 2 hours free CPD from the same company.
cts-dental.com

12 years 9 months ago #1458 by Vms118
On what grounds "must" an employer provide time off for CPD? I admit that some of the best employers do and should but I'd like to know your reasoning for why it isn't the employers choice.

I wonder how many people actually get paid time off for CPD?? Anybody have this privilege?

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 9 months ago #1455 by Max
If you deal with Henrey Schine some of there flyers contain Free CPD only 1hr but all these soon add up.

12 years 9 months ago #1454 by Nicolab521
Thank you ! :)

12 years 10 months ago #1453 by Assessor
Go on to the web site dentalrepublic and you can do free CPD register first and it leads u to the dental nurse section click on the dental nurse jornal then on to the orange CPD n go. I do this every month and gain myself 2 hours worth evey time.. Reading dental journals etc or research on the web will count towards CPD. Your employer must allow u at least time off paid to on on CPD courses.

12 years 10 months ago #1451 by kelwills
hi there , im not sure where abouts your from but i find the south west dental deanery very helpfull for cpd courses. You can select the courses online and search for different locations. this is run through bristol university. Im attending Ironising radiation protection - this is a core subject and only cost £30 for the whole 6 hrs. Didnt think it was too costly considering some of the others.
www.bristol.ac.uk/dentalpg

ps also a online cpd site called "dentaljuce". this is only £20 for the year and you can obtain cpd anytime of the day.

hope this helps
good luck

12 years 10 months ago #1450 by Nicolab521
We all do the CPR and Basic life support training every year, but thats all the training we get. On our wage we cannot afford all the fees and costs of courses and I don't even know where to look for courses? What would u suggest? We would all appreciate some guidance :)

12 years 10 months ago #1448 by Vms118
**IF** the GDC request your CPD portfolio at the end of your cycle and you cannot produce one/inform them you have not done it then you could/likely will be struck from the register.

**BUT** I am aware of at east 6 fellow RDN's that are neither GDC registered or doing their CPD. Considering GDC reg has been compulsory for what, nearly 3 years now? None of them have even been noticed or warned so I think that the chances of actually being asked to produce a portfolio are tiny.

I'd bet that if there is say 20 000 nurses nationally, they'll request the CPD portfolio of...at least 100 nurses at most 300. Just pot luck I guess.

Makes me very cross though that I pay all these fees and am so diligent on my CPD (200+ hours so far / 42 hours verifiable) and other people don't bother but they'll likely not suffer any ill as a result.

Just a thought, how often do you do CPR training? because that's an easy one to get....considering that your practice is supposed to train all staff in basic life support once every 12 months.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 10 months ago #1444 by Nicolab521
Hi there, I am concerned about not completing all of my CPD. My work don't allow us to have any time off for CPD courses or lectures. I know I can do them after work but I would like to know what happens if you don't meet the requirements ??

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New