OHE course

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #2722 by petroniene
hi girls,

can u give me any samples of questionaries u've used and posts covered for ur exibition/display.
I'm behind on them… i would never ever again go for online course, it is difficult for me to complete daily tasks without working under supervision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #2540 by Dominique123
hello there,
I completed the OHE Certifcate back in 2005. I didn't find it too much work to complete portfolio just fitting in to do it with normal day to day work commitments.
Good luck with it, it is an interesting and worth while course

11 years 7 months ago #2534 by seakiki11
Hi ,
Just got a place for OHE and I am looking for books now.

Does anybody know any links where I can download for free the Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion??
or
Nutrition,diet and oral health
Advanced dental nursing
the scientific basis of oral health education

Does anybody sell those books if ot needed anymore?
Thanks
Andreea

11 years 8 months ago #2501 by emma1990mc
See this company for the OHE course, they are very good and do this via distance learning www.starttraining.co.uk/30700/info.php?p=7&pno=0 :-)

11 years 8 months ago #2495 by kta1986
Hiya, I took loads of photos but only included 2 or 3 in my actual ROE :D

11 years 8 months ago #2494 by petroniene
Thank you so much girls!!! How many pictures have u taken roughly for your display?

11 years 8 months ago #2481 by vickstar84
I did mine on tooth brushing! there is a huge amount of things you could do an exhibition on! and as the post above says I did the questionnaires also before and after so I could do a line graph to see if the people viewing my exhibition learned anything. You should maybe speak to your tutor or a dental nurse you know and bounce some ideas around. Take lots of pictures then you can select the best at the end to send of with your portfolio. Also what you could do is e-mail a few companies and ask for some samples to give to patients that is always a good way of getting peoples attention :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: petroniene

11 years 8 months ago #2476 by kta1986
Hiya,

There are lots of topics you can cover for the display. I did oral cancer but you could cover erosion, gum disease, sensitivity...all sorts! I made a display on a large board in our waiting room. I did pre and post display questionnaires and asked 10 random patients to answer questions about oral cancer before reading the display and then after the display, this was a good way of measuring learning. I hope this helps? I'm sure if you need any more advice/info we will all be willing to help you out.

Katy
x
The following user(s) said Thank You: petroniene

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2466 by petroniene
Exibition/display?????? that's the main one .

11 years 8 months ago #2465 by seakiki11
try London Deanery
3353: Oral Health Certificate
Date & Time: 29/09/2012 10:00 - 14:30, 27/10/2012 10:00 - 14:30, 17/11/2012 10:00 - 14:30, 08/12/2012 10:00 - 14:30, 19/01/2013 10:00 - 14:30, 16/02/2013 10:00 - 14:30, 16/03/2013 10:00 - 14:30, 20/04/2013 10:00 - 14:30, 18/05/2013 10:00 - 14:30 , 15/06/2013 10:00 - 14:30, 20/07/2013 10:00 - 14:30, 17/08/2013 10:00 - 14:30.

PGC: Mount Vernon Postgraduate Centre

Aims: To deliver NEBDN Oral Health Certificate theoretical training for dental nurses

Objectives: To prepare learner for National Examing Board for Dental Nurses post registration qualification in Oral Health Education.

Other information: Entry requirements - in order to undertake the course and sit the examination a dental nurse must:
a) Be registered with the General Dental Council
b) Have the support of their employing dentist to act as a supervisor and validate the workplace activities for the Record of Experience.
Cost £170 and students will need to pay £10 for the Record of Experience. Total cost for this course is £180.

Examination fee is not included within the course fee and will be an additional £175.00
Certification - in order to be awarded the Certificate in Oral Health Education a candidate must
1) Complete the Record of Experience to meet the national standard
2) Achieve a pass standard in the written and oral examinations

Course to take place at

Northwick Park Hospital Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department
Northwick Park Hospital
Watford Road
Harrow
Middlesex
HA1 3UJ

www.nwlh.nhs.uk/patients-visitors/northw...d-st-marks-hospitals

For further details or to register yourself on this course please contact Hayley Lawrence

Click here to email Hayley Lawrence

Speakers: Charlotte Jeavons & Hayley Lawrence

Role intended: Dental Nurse

CPD hours: 48

Course price: £180

View full course details and book: 3353: Oral Health Certificate

I want to do it but is far from where i live.. :angry: :( :pinch: :whistle:

11 years 8 months ago #2464 by millie05
hello ,i want to do the OHe course but it is expensive.how much is the online one and where can i get it?

11 years 8 months ago #2454 by kta1986
help you with what in particular?

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2446 by petroniene
Hi girls,

I am doing my OHE course at the moment. Please if anyone can help me i will repay you for that. Write me to my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you

12 years 10 months ago #1596 by KLKennedy
If you're not getting much support, there's really no reason as to why not. You still need to say the pt has seen their dentist & referred for OHE, but I used q few friends & family for log sheets & 1 for a case study. At the end of the day, so long as you make sure you've got your aims & objectives & done your background work so you're not giving the person false/misleading info, the info the examiners are looking for will be there to see.

Kirsty

12 years 10 months ago #1595 by Vms118
@KLKennedy - are you saying that you can use family and friends for the case studies instead of patients? is that allowed? That sounds much better if you can :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 10 months ago #1587 by flipflop
mmm i know what u mean!

12 years 10 months ago #1565 by KLKennedy
Hi. The RoE is a lot of work. I didn't get much help from the dentists I worked with, so I used family & friends. As my tutor said, don't be afraid to think outside the box! Funny how the dentists always say they'll support you in your course, but when it comes down to it, they just can't be arsed. It was the same with one of the dentists when I had to do my Direct Observation Procedures for Fluoride Varnish application certificate.

Kirsty

12 years 10 months ago #1477 by flipflop
i reccomend the bda online course in ohe, download a prospectus

12 years 10 months ago #1476 by flipflop
Hi I am currently doing the BDA course in oral health education. I have just posted off my R.O.E yesturday and i am sitting the exam in september. I would suggest u go onto the bda website and go to the section for dcp,s and then download a prospectus.
the course is 6 weeks of online lectures and then you have to see 10 patients a couple of times and write up your sessions onlog sheets. Prepare 2 in depth case studies and produce a display which i did at my daughters school. The course has given me so much more knowledge and i feel much more confident as a person. Go fior it and good luck x

12 years 11 months ago #1447 by tapiwa
the course is not difficult at all. i did mine and passed the first time around. My tutor was fantastic and she really simplified it. I think if you are doing it on-line its a bit harder.Mine was centre based. You also need a supportive dentist and the whole team as a whole to do all your portfolio.....good luck

12 years 11 months ago #1438 by HRussell
I have my OHE but I did mine in Manchester.

The ROE is straight forward to do but you need to plan out what patients you are going to use.
You need to to be committed to the course as it involves a lot

12 years 11 months ago #1437 by seakiki11
Hi there!
Can u let me know where did u fine the OHE course?is it in London?And how much it cost?
I find one at TempDent,one In White Chapel at Royal Hospital,but I am alsos concern about the anount of ROE papers.
Good luck with yours!
TA

12 years 11 months ago #1434 by Vms118
I can't tell you from first hand experience, but a colleague of mine has done the OHE. She describes the portfolio as not difficult but there is a LOT to do and know for the portfolio and exam. Where ass in comparison, the Radiography is not as massive but the knowledge is much more in depth and dare I say it complicated.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 11 months ago #1430 by kelwills
HI Wondering if anyone can help. Im thinking of sitting the OHE course but am slightly worried about the record of experience. Does anyone have any further information and to weather or not this is difficult to complete.
many thanks

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New