Do you have any time allocated to setup and cleanup?

5 years 10 months ago #8705 by lmmcdowell21
We have 30 minutes set up and 30 minutes clean down time each day. If the dentist runs late, we are paid until we leave. No one leaves before anyone else, so we all help each other.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #8680 by ToothLady_97
Hi there. We have 5 mins allocated in the morning which we are paid for (obviously we start before this as definitely takes more than 5 mins!) and supposedly half an hour clean down at the end of the day but the dentists are always late and this rarely happens and we don’t have a dedicated decon nurse, so we often run over finishing time by 20 mins or so. It would be so much easier if there was a universally accepted clear up/clear down time that every practice followed. But hey ho, just one of those jobs where you have to accept being late. :)

5 years 11 months ago #8679 by dn37
In my new practice we have 10 min set up and clean down!!! IMPOSSIBLE! Luckily I have the option to come in earlier and I get paid for it. We're always late at the end of the day anyway so then I just do what I can but again, get paid for any extra. Every other practice I have ever worked at has always been 30 mins beginning and end of day. Its nice when everyone helps each other out at the end of the day with the shut down if someone has finished early for example.

5 years 11 months ago #8674 by unflappable
In my current practice we are allocated 15 mins setup and 15 mins cleanup at the end of the day.
What happens in your practice?

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New