Should receptionists be paid more than Nurses?

7 years 4 months ago #7986 by Coombs
Hi I just wondered if you had a pay review and what happend?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #7347 by Nurse rosa
I agree that is ridiculous. Although I'm on minimum wage as a qualified nurse so I'm sure the receptionist is on more than me, and the other equally qualified nurses are on more (I overheard them saying how much they get) but we have a practice policy that we cannot discuss pay so it's not like I can say pay me more because I know you pay her more. I'm not sure if you have anything of the sort in place?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo

7 years 11 months ago #7344 by JodieHob92
I know you posted this 2 years ago, but i just want to say i completely agree with you this is terrible!!
however unfortunately I did earn more money being on reception at a hotel than a qualified RDN in Cheltenham. This is no longer the case as i have moved to Birmingham. But sadly we live in a world where unskilled workers such as delivery drivers earn a higher hourly rate than a qualified health care professional.
J x

10 years 2 months ago #5968 by whitelock
Completely agree with you!!

10 years 2 months ago #5967 by D15HY D
Hi All

I know this is probably opening a can of worms but I have just found out that one of the receptionists who I work with is on a higher hourly rate than me. I have been a dental nurse since 1989 and qualified in 2001. She used to nurse but gave it up as she didn't want to take the exam. She has been at the practice for 2 years longer than me. I feel that as we have to pay 120 pounds a year to do our jobs, the required CPD and, not to mention the responsibilities we have that a pay review is necessary. What do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coombs

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New