Introductions

13 years 5 months ago #994 by dumpling81
Hello!
newbie here :)
i qualified in november 09 and did the nvq 3 at kings college hospital london for 2 yrs. ive worked in a couple of private practices and am currently temping while i find a part time permanent job.
I have 2 kids (9 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter)
i enjoy my new career now but feel more at home in hospital than private practice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #548 by gb1623
Hi, Im new here and thought I would say Hi, Ive worked as a Dental Nurse for nearly 17 years, currently i work in a totally NHS practice based in a GP's surgery, Im a single mum of 2 girls aged 9 and 10, I work 3 days a week, Im very lucky as me and the Dentist get on really well, he is like my little brother so we have been known to have playful bickering session(obviously not in front of patients)

13 years 11 months ago #261 by shazza
I know a few practices that rotate the nurses but I find the patients prefer to see the same face every visit.You get to know the patients well and know the ones that need their hands holding!! The dentist I work with is great, we really work as a team. He involves me in everything and asks my opinion on things.I do feel like punching him on occasion as he is a brilliant dentist but as a person he is unreliable and forgetful.(nothing I haven't told him to his face!!)

13 years 11 months ago #257 by suction_monkey
Wow 22 years with the same dentist I miss working in one room with the same person. We are on a rota system and have a different surgery each day and its never the same week to week. We are have a few very long standing NHS patients left and the children of our private patients.
I have 3 girls and a boy, twins girls aged 8, a son age 4 and another daughter age 2.
:)

13 years 11 months ago #256 by shazza
Hi Charlotte, my names Sharon I have been dental nursing for 22 years all with the same dentist!! I work in a practice in Chester. We do an equal mix of NHS and private.
I work 4 and a half days a week and have 2 kids, 1 aged 10 and another aged 3.

13 years 11 months ago #255 by suction_monkey
Hello I'm new to the site just thought I would introduce myself and see who you all are. My name is Charlotte I will have been dental nursing for 11 years this year, I have the radiography qualification and would like to do more. At the moment I am only part time as I am a single parent and have 4 children at home. Some days I love my job other not so much lol. Oh and I work in a mostly private practice in sunny Poole, Dorset.

:)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New