11 years 4 months ago #3024 by davidrnpm
Cardiff and Leeds

www.fgdp.org.uk/courses/dentalcareprofes...hodontictherapy.ashx

Warick

www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/med/study/cpd/sub...ng/hta/orthotherapy/

Lancashire

www.uclan.ac.uk/schools/postgraduate_med...therapy_overview.php

Course in Manchester and Scotland also

I have seen an average salary of £30,000 - £40,000 pro rata per annum for a qualified ortho therapist or £25.00 per hour depending on the practice and if it NHS or Private their is not set national scale and for a trainee Ortho Therapist about £20,000 avrg depending on the employing principal dentist.

The employing dentist / mentor needs to be a specalist in Ortho and on the GDC register as sutch and the course fee needs paying in advance of starting the course and places are very limited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #2430 by Michellev
Hi Shirley how did you get on with the answers to your questions? I'm looking at doing this course do you know how much a trainee orthodontic therapists salary is? Also do you know how much once qualified? Have you also been tied into the practice your employed at even though your funding the course yourself? Any answers regarding these things would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

12 years 2 months ago #1949 by Shirley75
It's a diploma run by the rcs. I haven't signed anything as yet.

12 years 2 months ago #1947 by Vms118
Is it a BSc course? and have you signed anything to say you'll stay with the practice after you qualify?

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 2 months ago #1946 by Shirley75
Hi,
I am looking for some advice.
I have applied and been offered a place on the orthodontic therapy course. Unfortunatley my employer cannot afford to pay the £12000 fees and so I decided I would fund this myself. I would like some advice regarding the hourly rate of pay for a trainee orthodontic therapist, bearing in mind I shall be funding this myself and there will be no financial outlay for my employer, only his time.
Initially he had hinted that trainees are kept on nurses wages but because I am funding this myself I don't think that this would be fair.
Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated, Thank You in anticipation for your advice girls.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New