gdc registration

12 years 6 months ago #1836 by Louise
Check out BCSA Blue chip are a trade union and has started taking on Dental Nurses.They sound pretty good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #1835 by Assessor
If we go on strike the dentists will only say oh well ill get some one in cheaper/ I knew a dentist who had loads of part time nurses just so he didnt have to pay Tax or NI payments for them. Even the BADN do nothing its not worth being registered with any of them as they dont help.

12 years 6 months ago #1834 by waugh
you need to challenge the GDC, once a year the GDC need to have one of their precious meetings on a sunday afternoon so that registrants can attend and air their views. the nurses fee is far too high but they won't do anything unless put under extreme pressure. yes you need to form a strong group and have a strong voice. ihave attended a meeting 18 months ago and gave them a piece of my mind. how about demonstrating outside their offices, they would have to listen then. Nothing will change with the status quo, why do you think other organisations formed a strong union to fight for fairer pay and conditions.

12 years 9 months ago #1512 by Assessor
Go to the other chat on here which is also about the GDC see wot others have written.
Did you know that nurses in hospital get subsidised for their Registration. ETC.

12 years 9 months ago #1492 by Vms118
It'll take years for anything to be done about this. It will likely take a labour provision crisis when the actual population of DN's reaches a level where the industry can't function.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

12 years 9 months ago #1485 by carlafoster
hi thanks for the reply , yes there is also the matter of the indemity money . i really do feel that us dental nurses are being screwed over as usual . just wish their was something that could be done about it . i have made enquires as to why the fee has been increased by 24 pounds and at the moment a waitng a reply to my questions .

12 years 9 months ago #1483 by Assessor
Back in 2008 when it was decided that dental nurses had to be registered with the GDC they had on the board a dental hygenist who said all dental nurses are on the same pay as hygenists. TheGDC still use her. I dont know where she got the idea from that is why we pay the same as hygenist, therapists, etc.
We also have to pay for indemity at £70 hun. Once at Talking points in dentistry at the reebok wenit first mentioned that dental nurses would be registered a dental nurse stood up and said will our pay go up as well??? it waas skirted around by the speaker we shouted at them loudly but as usal were never heard.

12 years 9 months ago #1482 by carlafoster
hi every one , i am really on here just to have a bit of a moan about how much the registration fee has gone up , who are these people which are doing this most dental nurses have not had a pay rise in years and yet they can put the fee up by 24 pounds in one year it is discusting !!! i wouldnt mind but what exactly does the registration do for us nurses ????? the pay is still crap but with a hell of a lot more resposibillity , i think us nurses should go on strike and teach those greedy dentist a lesson ! if we all stood together then may be we would be heard . there got that off my chest . :woohoo:

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New