hello my first post and i have a few questions

11 years 4 months ago #3089 by sam_stoddart
i would write a letter, i find it easier to write it down than say it face to face or over the phone, that way they cant say you didnt ask that etc, can you email them?
i worked in a simular practice to the one you describe and have been in a simular situation with poor management and lack of communication - luckily my mum was a receptionist there at the same time so i got the low down and got her to be my go between.
it was like this for 7years i had enough and left as i never got interviews with the boss's or time to raise my concerns etc, i asked over and over again for something to be done and nothing was. i even went to the practice owners where i was met by them and their children! they wouldnt even send their children out the room so i could talk in private. they basicaly told me to get on with it thats the way it is! this is not good enough from any management!
i put atopic on here about a unioin, asking if there was a dental union as i feel they would be the best people to help you, but im not sure how to go about it or even if one exsists.

i would suggest putting all your concerns down in writing and put it bluntly you are not happy by the lack of communication etc, they need to know what they are doing is wrong.

goodluck and i hope it sorts its self out, if not maybe do what i did and leave? management will never change hun x
The following user(s) said Thank You: jo-anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #3027 by amandaliese
I really find it appalling the salary you are on!! You work extremely hard for not a lot I'm sorry but you need to address this issue or change jobs .. While your dentists are happy bringing the money in to line their pockets why would they pay you more ? You haven't said how old you are ?

13 years 1 month ago #1337 by LonelyAngel
Read your contract as it should all be in there :)

13 years 3 months ago #1156 by J64
Normally you are allowed 10 days keeping in touch (KIT) days whilst on Maternity leave. These have to be agreed with your employer as they need to pay you your normal rate of pay on those days in addition to your mat. pay.

If you are having trouble getting them on the phone I suggest you go in to see them. This may be the only way to get things sorted.

13 years 4 months ago #1145 by jo-anne
hi i have a few issues at the moment with work and would like some advice before i go in .

Im currently on maternity leave and i have asked over and over to be told of staff meetings so i can attend and keep up to date as even tho i am off work i would still like to be included and keep up to date.is this something i should expect or are they right in excluding me ?

Also my bosses are very slow in getting back to me on things i had asked my practice manager to ask my boss to phone me on 2 occasions ( both times she was with a patient) but she never has as i was thinking of going back to work early to see if it would fit in for her but i got no reply.

this year i didn't get my Christmas bonus i haven't been told if it has been stopped for everyone or if it was just mine ?!

dont get me wrong i like my job i like who i work for but i feel there is no structure to the place and it really frustrates me as i like to know where i stand

1 year ago i asked for a pay rise as iv worked there 4 years with out one ( even tho in my interview i was told my wages would get review d - they never did ! ) i got a 30p pay rise but so did every one else - i had asked for a pay rise because i am on £6.50 pre hour - the same as the traniee and everyone elses wage is above 8. i only work part time as i now have children but i work really hard when i am there, if there is anyone here from the north east if you could let me know what your hourly rate is as i have had no joy searching the net for this. i am qualified and with 7 years experience, i work in surgey and on reception, i do the ordering and the pt accounts.

i am sorry for my rant but i feel i need to get it all out

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New