private practice

13 years 6 months ago #985 by Toots
Good luck with your new job :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #983 by shell23
Oooh well hopefully thats how they work!! I dont start till beginning of December, I was just curious, cant exactly ring up and say hey how much time do I get off over christmas before Ive even started!! I work in an NHS general practice now, and we usually work the morning, like you just seein emergencies. And we also split the days between us so I do usually get a lot of time off over christmas..... my hours are going to be 8.30am-5pm at my new place, surely they are not gonna make me work 9-5 over christmas?? I hope not!!

Thanks for replying so quick :lol:

13 years 6 months ago #982 by Toots
I think that depends on the practice. The private practice I work for does emergencies only and all staff take turns in covering. We go in at 10.00am answer the phone until 11.00am telling all emergencies to come down immediately. We then stay until everyone is seen. An emergency number is then put on answer phone and if the on call dentist is recalled to surgery he calls necessary staff in.

I think you need to talk with the practice manager to see your practice policy :)

13 years 6 months ago #981 by shell23
Hi there, does anyone know if private practices are open all over christmas?? im startin a new job in a private practice and im just curious if they usually open or not?? x x x

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New