WORKING FREELANCE

13 years 4 months ago #1128 by SmileNurse
If you have got contacts that is great. All you have to do is agree an h/rate with them, call the HMRC to register as self employed or you can do it on-line. Every month they will calculate your NI according to the info u have given them & they will send you a bill. You have to keep a record of all your income as u will have to declare it @ the end of each tax yr.

One thing though, make sure you put everything in writting with these contacts cos I have just had 6 months of a heck of a fight with 2 dentists regarding my payments. It got to a point were I was about to write to the GDC & my local MP even the Prime Minister. Thats how I managed to get every penny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #976 by HFWill11
Can anyone advise me on the steps I need to take to work freelance? I am GDC registered and have my own personal indemnity insurance. I have been nursing for about 15 to 16 years and am now studying as a full time student but need to work in the holidays. I have plenty of contacts so getting work shouldn't be too much of a problem. I know that there are nurses who work this way and would appreciate advice from anyone who is self employed or knows the steps I will have to undertake to become so myself.
Thks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New