How much should Qualified dental nurses be on?

13 years 6 months ago #897 by nicolachickDN
gosh.... im very underpaid for a qualified DN then! if those are the averages...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #857 by Gooders
It depends when you are in the country to be honest. I would say Vms118 is close to the reality with £8.00ph.

I'm like Marmite, you'll either love me or hate me.

13 years 7 months ago #856 by Vms118
At least £10.00 - £12.00 p/h? What planet are you living on? Excluding major cities i.e. London and Edinburgh, I would bet a months wages that the national average is considerable closer to £8.00 p/h than it is that range. And, the idea that private cosmetic practices pay more is not always true. I have found they are often in "high end" cosmetic work because it pays more, and the owners are often the ones who have that "money, money, money...." metallity. And can be the tightest ones when it comes to wages.

I think the greatest factor that nurse forget when talking about pay, is simply how profitable is the practice? Running a small business these days can be very hard.

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 7 months ago #848 by Hayes
Nearer £9 ph depending on your job role and what extra responsibilities , qualifications you have, but then again it's finding the right employer who will pay you a decent wage? you are more likely to get a better salary if you can offer that extra mile, also a private modern and forward thinking practice who do lots of cosmetic dentistry are going to pay more, as they charge more to the Patient.

13 years 7 months ago #847 by teeth
you should get at least £10 per hour most nurses are on £10-£12

13 years 7 months ago #846 by GemmaKT85
I have been working as a dental nurse for 9 years, with the same dental surgery, I pay for my GDC reg and all my CPD myself. It doesn't really reflect in my wages.

I am going for an interview on saturday and was just wondering what we should really be on?? :)

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New