Wanting to get into sedation.

11 years 4 months ago #3098 by Ekw
Hi there

If you go on to the NEBDN website it will tell you all the education centres that are running the course. If you practice doesn't do IS or IV sedation you will need to make sure your employer will be supportive of this course as some you need an afternoon a week away to attend classes.
I work In a dental hospital and we run the course so it's easier for our nurses to do this course but we have had a few dental nurses from practice who have arranged to attend us to get some cases with one of our nurses with them so it's a doable thing for you. I take it if you don't do sedation in your practice but do the course you intend to leave for a sedation practice or hospital.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #3085 by sam_stoddart
Hi im doing a sedation course in june with saad (google them?) they do it at the royal scott college (i thinks thats what its called) im doing the basic one - but when i looked you can do an extra day or two which fees also include the exam fee. so i guess this is to gain the sedation qualification. hope this helps?

13 years 7 months ago #825 by Vms118
Wow, only 25? I had heard it was more like 50 at the least, likely scaremongering I guess. I really should just read the NEBDN syllabus I downloaded at some point.

I am planning on starting this next sept as I simply have too much on at the moment, so would really appreciate updates now and again o how your doing/how hard/good the course is.

Good Luck! :)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 7 months ago #819 by Rebecca
I started my sedation course last week, contact the NEBDN and they can give you a list of where and when they are, youll need 25 procedures with at least 5 being in either RA or IV so you might need to call round different surgeries to see if they will let you come to them maybe?

Rebecca :P

13 years 8 months ago #745 by haighs
A nurse where I am currently working is starting her sedation Course in September. Its at Eastman but Kings also offer the course.
I think you may struggle if your work only do sedation every now and then as you need to have 50 different cases, I think relly you need to be hospital based. Also you will need to do IV sedation aswell.

Hope I have helped.

13 years 8 months ago #743 by shelley123
hi all!
im new here but have been nursing for nearly two years, im currently studying the NVQ qualification.
I've decided that i want to go into sedation nursing after i qualify, but looking on the net ive found loads of links for courses but none really for information on how to get into it if that makes sense?
where i work at the moment only does oral sedation but its a very rare occurance.
anyway, if anyone has any ideas?
thanks.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New