3 months notice!

13 years 8 months ago #763 by parker1
If you have signed a contract for 1 months notice they cannot change it without your agreement, go to the citizens advice bureau and get all the facts and then it is important that you all confront your employer together, no employer is going to wait three months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #755 by lavalette
I wrote a reply last night but it did not go on.

You should check your contract first. If you are paid monthly you need only give one months notice. That is I think the legal requirement. If your boss ask you to change your contract you are not obliged to do so if you do not wont to. I always go to C.A.B. if I have any ? They are such a terrific service and they are free.

Ask him why he is wonting to change the contract now. He should have a reason for doing this.

One thing I did notice on the Dentists blog is a thread about Re-Registering if they have missed the annual retention fee and the requirements are quite lengthy. I was talking about this with my boss as he put up a reply and one thing I noticed was the numbers. 3287 nurses have not registered back on. That is a lot nurses leaving I am not sure if this is because they have not paid there fees or if they were leaving anyway,and I am also not sure of the time frame for this, over one year or two, but maybe bosses are a bit wary of this and are just looking to protect themselves in the future if staff do leave.

But I am pretty certain it is only a month you have to give. C.A.B. all the way.

Good luck and keep us informed.

13 years 8 months ago #744 by aniko
hey,

I don't think is fair for asking 3months notice,sometimes a 1month more than enough,

aniko :cheer:

13 years 9 months ago #733 by Vms118
Tricky one this. In a recent pay review I pointed out to my employers that I could get more than they were offering in several different posts currently being advertised, I showed them the adverts etc and explained that I was confifent that I could get another job if I wished with my skills and proactive attitude toward work. (at this point i'd like to emphasise that it was done maturely and as a statement of fact - an appraisal is no place for emotion or a diva like attitude) Upon hearing this, my employers exploded. I think my male boss nearly lost bowel control for a moment, they own a few practices and are very busy as they refuse to pay for a practice manage for any of them and a a result rely on a few key members of staff to keep the ball rolling i.e. fill the PM positions for the cost of DN's.

They proceeded to tell me that I am obligated to provide 6 months notice. Yes, 6 months. Laughable I know. I would of course give them as much as physically possible, after all I like both my employers and enjoy my job. i certainly wouldn't want to make life difficult for anyone if it could be avoided. But I owuld never give any amount of notice unless I had a job offer/contract already secured no matter how much I liked them. Afterall, what if you had a job offer and then it was retracted after 2 months of the 3 months you were serving because they could not wait any longer.

For starters if it looks like your company has the potential to fold within 3 months you should already be looking for another place to work. And secondly, my butt would they give you six months notice. How would that be a wise decision for them? You would all up and leave well before then and who would fill your positions for 3, 2 or even 1 months whilst it was closing?

This is asking way too much and you should all stick together as one voice. Let me know how you get on.

:)

Victorus Aut Mortis.

13 years 9 months ago #732 by Lauren25
Recently our practice manager and owner has approached our staff asking if we will sign a new contract to see if we will change our 1 months notice to 3 months.

I was just wondering if anyone else has to give 3 months notice or if anyone wants to give their views as we are not happy!!

At the moment no one wishes to sign the contract as we don't think another job would wait 3 months for us to start. However they said if the worst happens they will give us 3 months notice if they need to get rid of us.

What does everyone think??

:dry: :side:

Lauren

Moderators: DNN

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New