Trainee Dental nurse/assistant

4 years 2 weeks ago #9120 by Miajoe123
Thank you for the information you’ve provided. I have just done my first month I absolutely adore my new job so will you!! No day is the same and I have been mostly in surgery so I’ve learnt a lot already. Of course the exam is not all practical so I’m so pleased you have advised what books to get as I had just logged onto the forum to ask if anyone can help with this lol! I’m just a little confused as I don’t understand why there is so many Levison books? I have ordered the 12th edition and answers and questions I wasn’t told about the instrument text book so I shall be buying that now thank you very much!!! Hope your loving college!!
Stay safe, stay well thank you. Thank you for helping!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #9100 by Zosiejenks94
Hi! I've just started as a trainee too, and have just had my first lesson at college. I'm on the NEBDN syllabus and we've been told to have Levison's Textbook for Dental Nurses (Twelfth Edition), Questions and Answers for Dental Nurses (Third Edition) and Basic Guide to Dental Instruments (Second Edition) all purchased through amazon. The first book is probably what you want to get maybe along with the dental instruments as these are super informative and helpful. The questions and answers book contains exam questions! Hope this helps :)

4 years 1 month ago #9097 by h.t3112
Hi congrats on your new job!
It's hard to say what your first week will be like because I'm sure everywhere is different and will expect different things :)
A first day at my practice would be an induction to the software and how to navigate it, getting your head around the decon room and maybe some shadowing. The rest of the week is lots of shadowing and note taking but we provide a handbook which we advise is taken home and read each night to help some of the basics to go in. Maybe by the end of the week the trainee would be nursing with the hygienist to get used to aspirating. That's about it in our practice but they do all vary!

4 years 1 month ago #9095 by angeloppy
Hi Mia, I did my training a couple of years ago and love the job. I would say take a note book and pen to make notes as there is loads to remember, I was a bit overwhelmed at first but it soon becomes second nature. Good luck xx

4 years 1 month ago #9094 by Miajoe123
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help, I have recently got a new job in my local village as a trainee dental nurse (I am so excited as I’ve really wanted a job where I can work and gain qualifications i love the human anatomy so this is Defo for me) But at the moment I have zero knowledge on dentistry. I understand that the aim is to pass the training and become gdc qualified I have also learnt there are 9 guidelines you must practice. But can anyone tell me what my first week may be like? And also if anyone could help me on what Levisons book I am to purchase there is so many editions and I don’t have a clue lol. If anyone could give me some ideas of things I can learn prior to starting the job so I have a little bit of knowledge I would really appreciate. I am currently looking into the health and safety aspect for example decontamination process and infection control and safety. I look forward to hearing of you all.
Kind regards Mia

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New