Moving from general nursing to orthodontics

4 years 6 months ago #9038 by slduncan77
Hi, I've been an ortho nurse for 2 years now and I can tell you it is very over whelming when you first start. The change between general and ortho is more than you expect! The appointments are generally shorter and you are required to be quick but if your ortho believes you are picking it up quickly then this is a good thing! You will get used to it soon enough and fall in love with it, you will never want to go back to general :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #9018 by Sophzb
Ive just moved to an orthodontic practice from being in general nursing for past 4 years and I feel like its a bit over whelming. I had the same feeling when I was doing my dental nursing course and i passed through it and I know i will feel more relaxed once i know ortho instruments and the way dentists work. Its very quick working and i feel like im not working like the other nurses. My orthodontist says im picking it up fast but i just feel abit overwhelmed. Did anyone else feel the same? Im panicing about my radiography course as i struggled with radiography in my dental nursing course. Any tips?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New