Career progression help

4 years 9 months ago #8972 by Ekw
Hi
I too am 20 years in and looking to shift.
I was looking into quality improvement, nhs education. , it depends on what you want to move to? And why.
Have you always been practice? Or other areas also?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #8961 by unflappable
Or if you are working for a small business, your boss may be considering who to ask to be the Caldicott Guardian, DPO, IG or SIRO
Google dps toolkit key roles
But take care.. if you agree to take on management roles make sure you receive proper training and a payrise

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #8960 by unflappable
I personally think dental nursing is a great job!
Check out Fiona Ellwood -there's an inspirational career path
You have your oral health educator certificate, why not mention to your dentist you would like to make use of it? Visiting local primary schools or care homes twice a year would look good on the website or local paper.
Potential new patients could get to know you and the dentist on an 'anxiety free' occasion.
You could teach care assistants and nurses about oral health for their elderly patients. Bring plenty of toothpaste samples and fixodent samples to buy popularity. Neglect of elder oral health is finally being noticed in the media.

Oral health educator vacancies do come along occasionally, keep your eyes open. (Highly competitive). I was feeling very interested in the Public Health MSc ... but looking for vacancies in this area ... almost nonexistent.

4 years 10 months ago #8955 by Hopeful
I have been a dental nurse for nearly 20 years but am very much stuck in a rut where I am with no chance of improving myself and desperately want to progress as very unhappy where I find myself now.
I have put myself through the Oral Health Education course and have also done a City and Guilds Education and Training course but still find these are not enough to get me a new job.
I keep going round in circles looking for one - I either don't get a reply, get told to keep looking at the website or get told I don't have enough experience. All the rejection and getting nowhere is affecting my self esteem.
I just want to find a job where I can make a difference and have a new challenge - I have looked at Oral Health Education, Training/assessing Dental Nurses, Public Health, Health promotion and even Mental Health at work or in schools.
I would appreciate it if anyone could advise any websites to look at or places I could contact that maybe I haven't thought of. I am looking in either the Wiltshire area or Worcestershire area.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and also I would love to hear from anyone that has successfully progressed and how they did it, as I think I need to hear some inspiring stories so I know that it is possible to grow and change in this career.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New