Radiograph Record/Quality Assurance

5 years 4 months ago #8836 by unflappable
CQC don't seem interested in this type of question. It's the HSE we need to make sure we are complying with when it comes to radiation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #8835 by unflappable
Your practice will have an outside consultant called a Medical Physics Expert/Radiation Protection Advisor. You can ask them anything which you are not sure of regarding xrays.

We emailed our Radiation Protection Advisor/MPE this question and have kept a copy of his response in our Radiation Protection Folder. He informed us it is fine for this information to be kept only within the patient records as long as the registered manager can obtain the information and submit it to the Secretary of State if requested.

Read below the section on dose estimates.
www.fgdp.org.uk/news/updated-new-regulat...irr17-and-irmer18ead

If you're interested read the IRMER2018. There should be a copy in your radiation folder.

5 years 5 months ago #8831 by JosephPolizzi
Hello, does anyone know whether with X-Rays what record is needed? The dentist I work with types it up I'm clinical notes with type of exposure and grading etc. However I'm wondering whether it's needed by cqc that I still write it in a book with patient name, exposure type and grade?

Thanks

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New