Orthodontics or implantology

5 years 6 months ago #8827 by tash_nurse1
Hi ive done both implantology and orthodontics!. when i was working with a implant surgeon i very much enjoyed it and was exciting to do! i changed jobs due to the dentist was not very pleasant. I moved to a orthodontic practice which i thought i would like to try and properly would enjoy it!. ive been doing ortho for a year now and if im brutally honest i much prefer implants. i love doing ortho but i did love being an implantology nurse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #8819 by Crazycat304
With Ortho, you could always go on and become a therapist if you like it. I don't believe there is anything similar for implants. Also once you've learnt all you can on one subject what is to stop you starting with the other??

5 years 6 months ago #8818 by Laurae26
Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for some advice in what roll to progress in at work. I am fortunate enough to have been offered to train in both implants and/or orthodontics but I am unsure in what path to proceed in. I am a keen learner and will always put 110% into any roll I am given, I'm just unsure what route will be best career wise. I see more possibilities with implants than I do in orthodontics? Does anyone else agree?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New