Dental nursing affecting mental state of mind

5 years 10 months ago #8722 by Jiaoyao
Hi Everyone on the forum

I'm 20 and i'm qualified Dental Nurse since last year August in university. My concern i wish to share is that i feel like after working and during work i feel sort of uneasy and it affects my state of mind while not letting it affect my performance whilst nursing. The practice i work in is quite small, the headnurse puts a lot of pressure on me to do things efficiently and fast despite the drawbacks of say the dentist running late or maybe doing treatment straight away and overrunning the next patient being seen. I understand the reasoning for why the headnurse is saying and directed from their perspective. I have worked for this practice roughly 5 months and the problems started to arise after one period of time where i had to reception for one week whilst having a couple of hrs of training and having to look after the entire practice and that really stressed me out in particular. I understand i'm inexperienced in comparison to other nurses who have done it for years and years. I'm trying not to make mistakes, i feel like i overthink things and it leads me to panic and i know stress is part of the job most definite and i don't want to seem i'm nagging about my troubles.

If anyone can offer me any opinion and advice i would really appreciate it and thank you for taking your own time out to read this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New