Dental nurse apprenticeship trial day

6 years 2 weeks ago #8628 by ToothLady_97
Hi there - I wonder if this is too late now, and if so, how did it go? If not, then likely you will be in surgery shadowing another dental nurse. They should explain to you or you will observe the basics of cross contamination, basic check ups and treatment and probably the basics of a computer system. Perhaps you will go out and call the patients into the surgery. The dentist will possibly let you write the patient notes or if you are vaccinated appropriately you may be allowed to try doing suction. It all depends on the practice :) you might even be on the reception desk at first, helping out there with payments and checking patients in. When the new trainees shadow me, I try to explain to them basics so as not to overwhelm them and basically just explain what we are roughly doing in each procedure. The main points are to ask lots of questions and to look keen - don’t be shy, dental workers love it when people ask questions and show enthusiasm. You’ll be fine! Good luck if you haven’t yet had it, let us know how it goes :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 weeks ago #8620 by shannontaylor
Hello!

I have been offered a trial day on monday at the practice i have applied to work in. If succesfull i would be doing a dental nurse apprenticeship at the practice. I am very new to this and wanted to know if anyone else has had a trial day and what that would entail? I just want to prepare for what im going to have to do if possible. Im so nervous!

Any help would be great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New