Return to Dental Nursing

6 years 8 months ago #8395 by LC
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a great help actually as I wasn't really sure where to start.

I think contacting the GDC is probably a good place to start and I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Thanks for your help it's very much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #8389 by SmilingDCP
Hiya,

If you've been out of nursing for a while, it would be worth completing some CPD to make sure your knowledge is current. There are some packages on here.

The first thing I would do though, is contact the GDC to find out how long it would take to process your paperwork and which CPD components you should prioritise. My understanding is that as you are qualified, you wouldn't be able to work without registration. It shouldn't affect the job opportunity greatly, but the potential employer wouldn't really be able to employ you until you are on the register, so it depends on how soon they would want you to start.

Hope thats helpful :)

6 years 8 months ago #8385 by LC
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me.
I am a qualified dental nurse but have been working in admin for the past 8 years, I would love to return to dental nursing and have seen a post advertised. What im not sure about is the post states must be gdc registered which I'm not. Would I have to register before applying for a post or is this something you can do once being offered a post?
I am also concerned I wouldn't be considered for a post having been out of nursing for so many years.

Has anyone else returned after a long time away and if so any advice?

TIA

:-)

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New