Horrible bosses

6 years 9 months ago #8319 by Kelly_Wcampbell
Not all bosses or doctors are horrible, but sometimes they become terrible when something awful happens. In my whole professional career, I learned a lot with my bosses even when they are rude and angry on me for no reason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #7808 by chapstick
Adam Randell by any chance?

7 years 9 months ago #7764 by nanval
Thank you Kate Chapman, I will go to citizens advice and see what I can do.
I am not the most perfect nurse but I give 100% to this beautiful profession.
I think my dismissal was very unfair and against the law, I work in another practice in Newquay and they are the opposite, lovely people, excellent team and the dentists are nice and helpful so I know what you are talking about.
Most of the nurses that have worked in the past for this dentist have a complain about him, it is always the same thing the lack of respect toward employees there is ridiculous.
I think it is time somebody does something that stop this kind of abuse.
Thanks for commenting on my post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo

7 years 9 months ago #7758 by chapstick
Name and Shame
Go and speak to Citizens advice, you can't be sacked for not covering holidays, even if it is your contract to cover holidays you can't be expected to agree to everything, and if you weren't helping out as you might be expected then at least you should have been given verbal warnings/written warnings to say that if you aren't doing what was expected of you then he might have to let you go. but you didn't have a contract saying that. I don't know if not having a contract will go against you, but I don't see why it should. So unless you were a terrible nurse and you aren't telling us the full story you should seek legal advice and get what's owed to you. Good luck
p.s I also live in Cornwall and work in a lovely practice, so they aren't all bad. :cheer:

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #7744 by nanval
Hi everyone,
I am new on this forum I hope I can find useful advice and opinions with regards to unfair treat that comes from a dentist.
I used to work in a private practice in Cornwall where I felt OK but not great.
I sorted all the policies and paperwork out for the practice to comply with the CQC standards plus nursing when we had implants.
I was promised to work part time (2 days a week)however, after 4 months when I sorted the paperwork out for the dentist, he decided to call me when he was busier as he has a permanent nurse there.
My contract was never signed by both of us as I asked him to change some clauses that didn't comply with my job role and he never did it.
He sacked me last week because the other nurse requested holidays and I refused to cover her as I have got another job in an NHS practice.
This nurse requested her holidays 2 weeks in advance also requested to cover her on days that weren't the usual days for me to go there.
He sent me an email saying " I don't need your service anymore please drop the practice key".
I replied to him asking why he took that decision as I didn't do anything wrong however, he is not getting back to me at all.
I dropped the key off the next day and I demanded a pending payment for a shift that I worked there but nothing, no money, no payslip from last month.
I have heart that this dentist has had problems with most of the nurses that have worked for him in the past, apparently he is well known for mistreating people and not be very transparent and lawful.
What shall I do?
I really want to do something to prevent other nurses to have the same awful experience that I had there.
Thanks in advance.

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New