Hygienist conflict

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #7428 by Marianna_Happy_Smile
Well
I think the best approach would be to arrange a meeting with her and talk to her about the problems the team experiencing.
For sure can't hurt ;) :evil:
On the other hand if you have spare time and money you could sign up to one of the management CPD courses on Cognitive behaviour problems

Mastering Understanding and Working with Clinicians
Mastering Clinician Coaching and Feedback
Mastering Clinical Supervision
Mastering Supervision Challenges
Mastering Difficult Colleague Interactions
T.E.A.M. Workshop

and so on....
although this specific development takes place in Australia surly could find something similar near by.

hope this was helpful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #7246 by Tinks
Thank you so much for replying and giving me your excellent advice, I will be seeking guidance as you suggested, like you said the principal is not putting the patients first, another idea that one of the associates suggested today was that I make a patient questionnaire survey on how they feel they were treated during their hygiene visit, which I am going to do as soon as possible, because then the evidence is there in black and white! Maybe then he will have to act?
Thank you very much again, very much appreciate your comments and advice.
:)

8 years 1 month ago #7245 by SmilingDCP
Sounds very unfair, unprofessional and biased. I'm passionate about my work as a nurse and OHE, but my passion never comes across as rude or condescending! Refer to the Basic GDC Standards book to give yourself some inspiration as to how to tackle this very awkward situation. Its bad enough she is behaving this way but the principal, by supporting her, is not putting the patients first. Its easier said than one, but maybe it could be mentioned in a practice meeting with everyone present. Quote the GDC Standards in the meeting. If that doesn't work, then seek advice from the GDC. Its so difficult when family members are involved!

Good Luck! x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tinks

8 years 1 month ago #7242 by Tinks
Hi everyone,
I was just seeking some advice on what action I should take about one in of the hygienist in my practice.
I am the practice manager and have been for the last 5 years, we are a small practice and for the most part all the team get on very well and work hard together to improve quality and customer care to help build the growth of the practice, but one of the hygienist is the daughter of the principal dentist and we have failed to have any control over her, her professional behaviour towards staff members and the patients, when she first started working in the practice 3 years ago,we had numerous patients leave and complain about how they were spoken to, how rude she was, how condescending she was, and her general tone, body language and outspokeness, i mentioned a few of the complaints to the principal who obviously just defended her and put it down to her being young and just being passionate about her work, ?.... However this has continued and we have long lost lists of patients who asked to see the other hygienist the principal must be aware of this as he can see on the notes they don't wish to see his daughter again but he has done nothing about it, she does what she likes around the practice neves clears away her personal stuff leaves washing up and a mess everywhere and talks to all the staff very disrespectfully, we had a CQC visit on Friday which was extremely stressful and of course the complaints that she had made against her were hidden away, the associate dentist have tried speaking to her about her attitude to the patients but she doesn't seem to care,as she knows that her father will never sack her, but we are all fed up with this behaviour, any advice of what we should do?..
Many thanks
:(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo, SmilingDCP

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New