Dental nurse Pay

8 years 4 months ago #7001 by Figueiredo
I was trainee on 7,5£/hour :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #7000 by Nursa
I thought all trainee dental nurses start with minimum wage...

8 years 4 months ago #6995 by SmilingDCP
Qualified or not, we should never have to work on minimum wage. We have to pay for the course and exam if trainees, vaccinations, and once qualified, insurance, and registration. We are classed as DCPs and pay the same registration fee as hygienists. Its a high risk role, so why some employers think they can pay us less than someone who sits at a checkout all day is beyond me. I was lucky to get a trainee position that paid above min wage and then a pay increase on qualification, but the first place I applied to really tried to exploit me on min wage. My course provider who was also my agent at the time made sure I started as a temp nurse on £8ph. This meant that any permanent trainee position I applied for would not be able to offer me less. You should ask them for a pay rise, and if they refuse, find another job, there are plenty of practices out there who will pay you more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo, Nursa

8 years 4 months ago #6984 by kittykat
Firstly, I dont believe that any qualified dental nurse should be on min wage but dentists still try and get away with paying us as little as possible :( Do the practice pay for your GDC reg, indemnity and provide your CPD; these costs add up and may form part of your package so take that into consideration too.

Arrange a meeting with your practice manager/principal and outline the great job you do. Highlight any extra responsibilities you have taken on and make them see what you are worth to the practice. Really sell yourself and make it difficult for them to say no to a pay rise. If the answer is still no then perhaps look for an other job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo

8 years 4 months ago #6974 by Figueiredo
Get new job, and stamp notice on your practice face... what ridiculous situation... can you get job in your zone?
you should be on 8£/hour at least.
if you get a job after all ok with reference give 1 week notice only to your actual practice to they don´t joke anymore with Dental nurses.
:( :sick: :evil: :S :pinch:

8 years 4 months ago #6966 by Yorkshirebabe
:ohmy: God that really annoys me :angry: you should look for another job? can you? are there any jobs where you live?

8 years 4 months ago #6965 by Ditzy_DentalNurse
Hi yes i am on minimum wage which i have been on for the past year so my wages only went up because they did by law

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #6964 by Yorkshirebabe
Hi you should, do you mean your on the minimum wage?

8 years 4 months ago #6963 by Ditzy_DentalNurse
Hey

I have recently qualified and registered with GDC and my employer says that i have already received a pay rise when national minimum wage went up so i don't get a payrise now im a qualified dental nurse - what i am wondering is he ok to do this, do they have to increase my pay now im a registered nurse?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figueiredo

Moderators: DNN

Level 3 Reception Course April 22nd

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New